BANKA Alluvial Drills
Pipes, Hoses, etc.
Alluvial Mining Equipments
Contact for prices and banking instructions.
Diamond Mining Recovery System
This system of primary diamond recovery is simple to make, to maintain and to operate. It is used for the alluvial deposits where the gravel is extracted with excavator, drag-line or front-end loader.
The primary diamond recovery system is composed of:
1. Material loading ramp where gravel, trucked from the excavations, is dumped and then washed with water jet (to break down clay) into a set of vibrating screens.
2. Two 0.7 x 1.7 m. vibrating perforated plates used to eliminate over and under-size material. A shaft with two counterweights, mounted above the box, vibrates the box with two plates. It uses 5 hp electric engine.
a. Top plate with round 25 mm. openings which eliminate oversize
b. Bottom plate with round 2 mm. openings which eliminate under-size
The material retained between two plates is fed into two jigs.
3. First 0.99 x 2.88 m. 2 hutches jig with two side mounted membranes (the halves of used tire). The jig has one bottom screen with 10 mm. openings. What passes trough this screen is fed into the second jig. It retains the concentrate between 25 and 10 mm. size. It uses 2 hp electric engine
4. Second 0.84 x 2.48 m. jig similar to the first and as well with one bottom screen but with 3 mm. openings. It retains the concentrate between 10 and 3 mm. size.
5. Water tank situated above jigs to feed, at even pressure, water into hutches of jigs.
6. 4-inch water pump with 37 hp diesel engine feeding the water tank and the single water jet at loading ramp.
7. Generator to power one 5 hp and two 2 hp electric engines plus light for night operation.
The set composed of vibrating plates and two jigs processes 100 m3 per 8 hours shift. For the larger scale operations systems with 4 or 6 lines of jigs are used.
The front part of screen over first hutch of each jig is cleaned once a day and the rest once a week.
The complete jigs set can be made on site or supplied in containers.
Other screen sizes can be installed according to the client specification.
Fig. 1. Vibrating plates and first jig.
Fig. 2. The loading ramp, vibrating plates, first jig and water tank.
Fig. 3. The second jig and water tank. The two hoses on the left, one feeds the water tank and the other single water jet at the loading ramp.
Fig. 4. At the end of each work shift front parts of jigs are cleaned from concentrate.
Related links: Diamond recovery for the gravel pump based systems, Gold recovery
Engines - Gravel Pumps - High Pressure Water Pumps - Water Pumps - Pump Stands
Couplings - Engine-Pump Frames - Flexes, Hoses, Pipes & Accessories - Parts
Diver-less Dredges - Recovery Systems - Generators - 4x4 Trucks & Vehicles - Prices
Rafal Swiecki, geological engineer email contact
This document is in the public domain.